One unexpected wrinkle in the emerging market for legal cannabis — rising interest among seniors.
- While most seniors do not use marijuana, the population of older users is rapidly growing.
- Researchers say cannabis has legitimate medicinal uses, yet worry that patients do not receive the right products or doses.
- Some elders have been toking since adolescence, while others are returning to pot after decades of abstinence.
- Products with CBDs, a chemical compound found in cannabis and hemp, are popular with people suffering from arthritis.
- While some seniors use cannabis for pain relief, others are chasing the mellow buzz of their youth.